Winery Exchange was founded in 1999. Headquartered in Novato, California, USA, we maintain regional sales offices around the United States and international offices in the United Kingdom, New Zealand and Spain. Of its founding group of three, Peter Byck continues as Winery Exchange's President and CEO and John Crean is an observing member of the Board of Directors and an investor.
The company was founded with the intent of blending extensive industry expertise with cutting-edge business practices. The result is a dynamic, fast-growing company poised to take advantage of new trends in the beverage alcohol industry.
- May 2013, Whole Foods Market named Winery Exchange "Outstanding Wine Supplier" at 2013 Supplier Awards
- January 2013, we acquired Our Daily Red and Orleans Hill, our first certified organic wine brands with no detectable sulfites
- July 2012, selected as the Gold Medal winner of the 2012 Category Colonel in the Beverage Alcohol Category by PL Buyer magazine
- July 2012, expands business through joint venture in Asia with Otis McAllister
- March 2011, expanded international presence opening an office in London , UK
- April 2010, The Kroger Co. awarded Winery Exchange “Outstanding Supplier of the Year” for the second year in a row
- October 2009, San Francisco Business Times ranked Winery Exchange in the “Top 100 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in the Bay Area”
- February 2008, Wine Business Monthly recognized Winery Exchange as one of the "Top 30 U.S. Wine Companies" by case sales
- August 2007, Entrepreneur Magazine named Winery Exchange one of the top 100 fastest growing businesses in America on their “Hot 500” listing
- November 2006, we launched OGIO, an Italian wine brand; now one of the top 3 fastest growing wine brands in the UK
- October 2006, we launched our first Dutch private label beer brand – Gouden Haven
- June 2006, Winery Exchange/World Brews launched RJ King Wingwalker – our first domestic craft beer
- November 2004, we launched our first spirit private label brand – Origine
- October 2002, Winery Exchange launched the first multi-cultural wine brand, Origin for Threshers supermarkets in the UK
Winery Exchange creates brands for the world’s leading retailers. Corporate customers include: Supervalu, Kroger, Safeway, Tesco, Fresh & Easy, Costco, Morrison’s, Cost Plus World Market, Whole Foods, BHG, Delhaize Group and Winn-Dixie.
Winery Exchange is a venture-backed company. Our investors include VCFA Group, D.E. Shaw & Co., Charter Ventures, Camden Partners, and Startup Capital Ventures.